PDA

View Full Version : MASSAGE AFTER INJECTION OR NOT?

loganrunn
09-19-2007, 12:35 AM
Alright, after my first post, which you probably didn't read unless you had some pain with the Stealth products, I ask everyone this.

Do you massage after injection or not?

I have done some research, and there are plenty of people out there that say if you massage the area you inject, you risk pushing the oil back into the subcutaneous area, and that is where the red and soreness comes from. Granted, I think you will get a bit sore from injections anyway, but not the pain that I got. I REALLY massaged my delt after injection too... rubbing my delt against the wall - Back and Forth.

Input would be appreciated.

datuca
09-19-2007, 12:55 AM
No, do not massage after injection.

kimskid
09-19-2007, 01:21 AM
i massage the injectionspot alot.... like they do at the doctorsoffice after you get a shot...

Johnnygotagun!
09-19-2007, 01:53 AM
I dunno about the subcutaneous thing.

I don't massage the spot after the injection, reason being that I find that if I massage the area it takes longer to heal - or longer for the pain to subside. I do put some pressure directly on the spot using my thumb.

My theory is that by massaging the area you cause more trauma to the muscle fibres that are being separated by whatever substance you're using and this causes more blood and fluids into the site to help it heal thus causing more swelling and pain

Hope that makes sense - it's only my opinion though, you'll find out what works best for you by experimenting!

Johnnygotagun!
09-19-2007, 02:00 AM
I should say, in terms of the subcutaneous thing, that I use my thumb to apply pressure to the site in the hope that the fluid is pushed outward/away from where it was placed into the muscle (I hope it works anyway).

Also, if fluid did move into the subcutaneous area, one would think that the needle wasn't deep enough in the muscle when the injection took place

frisco kid
09-19-2007, 02:37 AM
No do not message. You just make it harder for your body to absorb.

Machola
09-19-2007, 06:46 AM
i dont massage, but i flex the muscle a couple times after the inject. i dont like the idea of having a pool of liquid in my muscle for a long time and i think flexing it disperses it throughout the muscle. just my theory

CountVascular
09-19-2007, 07:29 AM
no pushin', no rubbin', no touchin, no fuck all...sometimes redness, some times not. unbearable pain - never. My left delts are easier for me to inject, I am right handed.....so the right side cops it less often than the left...:D it's good, always good.

jchh
09-19-2007, 09:21 AM
I dunno about the subcutaneous thing.

I don't massage the spot after the injection, reason being that I find that if I massage the area it takes longer to heal - or longer for the pain to subside. I do put some pressure directly on the spot using my thumb.

My theory is that by massaging the area you cause more trauma to the muscle fibres that are being separated by whatever substance you're using and this causes more blood and fluids into the site to help it heal thus causing more swelling and pain

Hope that makes sense - it's only my opinion though, you'll find out what works best for you by experimenting!

Bump.

I find that I have been healing on average about 1-2 days quicker w/o massaging. And the soreness is much milder.

SwoleTexasKid
09-19-2007, 09:33 AM
NEVER MASSAGE AN INJECTION SITE!!!

That is the dumbest thing you can do, it causes swelling and incredible pain the following days.

I used to massage after SuperTest injections, and I would wake up and my entire ass would be so sore I could not sit down or walk.

cpesloco
09-19-2007, 10:46 AM
ditto- no massage unless you want more pain. i have absolutley no more pain from stealth than any other gear.

shoot. swab press for a few seconds and go.

mad078
09-19-2007, 11:04 AM

That is the dumbest thing you can do, it causes swelling and incredible pain the following days.

I used to massage after SuperTest injections, and I would wake up and my entire ass would be so sore I could not sit down or walk.

That wasn't because of the...... Nah, too easy:D:D.

abadseal
09-19-2007, 05:14 PM
I used to massage but switched to shooting muscles that I was working that day in the gym. Shoot about an hour or two before I train. I think the increased oxygenation and circulation to the muscle definitely helps.

soldierb11
09-19-2007, 05:23 PM

Listen to swoll, he set me straight about this. My pain went down significantly after i stopped massaging

jstforme
09-19-2007, 05:31 PM
i always massaged a little, ill stop now

SwoleTexasKid
09-19-2007, 06:05 PM
That wasn't because of the...... Nah, too easy:D:D.

No , the massive cocks in the ass never really bothered me:eek::p, it was the massaging injection sites that hurt.

Fucker.

And yes, It really will make a night and day difference in your pain levels if you dont massage.

ImaGetBigger
09-19-2007, 06:17 PM
I used to massage the injection site years ago, then someone told me to try not massaging, and it's a major difference. No massaging for me, MUCH less pain without it.

mad078
09-19-2007, 06:22 PM
No , the massive cocks in the ass never really bothered me:eek::p, it was the massaging injection sites that hurt.

Fucker.

And yes, It really will make a night and day difference in your pain levels if you dont massage.

LMAO,

lola26
09-19-2007, 08:22 PM
there have been many detailed posts on this. use search button.

Alin
09-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Alright, after my first post, which you probably didn't read unless you had some pain with the Stealth products, I ask everyone this.

Do you massage after injection or not?

I have done some research, and there are plenty of people out there that say if you massage the area you inject, you risk pushing the oil back into the subcutaneous area, and that is where the red and soreness comes from. Granted, I think you will get a bit sore from injections anyway, but not the pain that I got. I REALLY massaged my delt after injection too... rubbing my delt against the wall - Back and Forth.

Input would be appreciated.

i only massage if area becomes a little sore from bad inject like hitting vein or wrong pin.

bulldawg305
09-19-2007, 09:40 PM
yea i massage the injection site for at least a minute afterwards.

Hockey265
09-19-2007, 09:44 PM

Bump that. Don't ever message the area.

ROCK157
09-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Don't rub it, it will only get worse. Use an Ice pack if it hurts that much. Use Advil or tylenol for pain too. Don't be a baby......

InkFiend33
09-20-2007, 10:18 AM
there are lots of other things you could rub... dont make your inj site one of them.....